Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Catching up.

 
I have been super busy lately and it seems that things aren't slowing down so I forced myself stop long enough to get this blog post up. Just so you know, I am putting off dishes, laundry, vacuuming, and sweeping to do this. I think I'm okay with that actually. So here it goes...*sigh*
 
The first weekend of summer, I got our jump n' slide out and the kids were on it all day long! Even the neighbor kids came over to play. I only got pictures of the girls though because Matthew didn't want his picture taken (there's a first for everything I guess).


(Probably my most favorite picture of these two EVER!)

 

We got to go to the air show at Tinker. It was EXTREMELY hot but it was so fun. The kids had a blast looking at all the planes (they even got to go inside some of them).









 
 Right after the airshow we went to a birthday party of one of Matthew's T-ball team mate. I can't remember why I don't have any pictures with Kylie or Matthew. Oh well, it was fun.

 
Then came the 4th of July. Here in the City of Newcastle, they have an awesome festival and all you have to pay for is the food and light up toys. All the rides were free (including the pony rides and inflatables). We had so much fun!



 
I made snacks for the kids in the shape of the American flag (strawberries, blueberries, mozzarella cheese, and marshmallows). I also made a red, white, and blue Ice-cream cake but for got to take a picture (it was so delicious though).

 We also had family home evening the night before and I taught the kids why we celebrate the 4th. We sang patriotic songs, ate American flag pizza, and signed the Declaration of Independence.


Then July 18th, came and I celebrated my 30th birthday...old age must be sinking in early because I already forgot what we did to celebrate and I don't have any pictures. LOL!!! I think we went to a movie.... then we celebrated Nathan's 36th birthday on August 11th. Can't remember his birthday either....
 
....moving on....
 
....here are some pictures of the last day of summer vacation. It was a beautiful day, so we went to 2 or 3 different parks and wore the kids out so they wouldn't be up all night from excitement for the 1st day of school.




 
 (How AnnMarie enjoys a day out to the park)
 
And now, the first day of school!!!!! I now have a First grader and a preschooler! OMGoodness! It's going by so, so fast!


Payton was so excited that she was getting to go to school. She got her backpack and waited with her brother and sister for the bus.....
 
..and then tried to get on the bus. So, I had to stop the video to get her down from the bus. She was extremely heart broken, and so was I. As cute as this video is, it's actually hard for me to watch and I cry every time. Mostly because I remember what happens next after the camera stops rolling. But, the kids had a great day and they both LOVE school. They never, not want to go. They actually race to see who can get out the door first. And there are still days that I have to hold Payton back and remind her that she can't go yet. Poor girl.
 (sorry if the videos don't work...they are super cute though)
 
 
Anyways, about a month after school started, the OKC Zoo had a "Zoofriends" appreciation day. So, if you had a membership, EVERYTHING was FREE. We finally got to go on all the rides. We rode the tram, the little train, got to see the sea lion show, and so forth. We were there from open to close. It was exhausting but super, super fun!
(Matthew couldn't contain his excitement on the train. He has wanted to ride that thing since he was 2!!!!...it only took 4 years, ha!)


(The girls and I...and my two nephews are in the backround. ;-)  )








 Now you are mostly caught up. Here some extra, random photos...Payton loves to help mamma, and the only time she isn't scared of the vacuum is when she's using it. Love that girl.

Miss AnnMarie Lynn Dill in all her beauty. She will be 9 months old tomorrow...and Kylie will be 5 years old tomorrow!!!! My how time flies!!!!!!!!!!


No comments: