Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Shots:(

Well yesterday was not the best for Matthew, and if my Matthew has a bad day....so do I. It started off with him being fussy, it was like he knew what was coming to him. And, it was immunization day for little Matthew. His first shots and he was already grumpy so I knew I was in for a really bad day. But, I tried to be optimistic and hope he would cheer up before we got ot the doctors. But Matthew insisted on be crabby, like he is now on my lap. Well, I was there in the little room holding Matthew and the doctor had me hold him down. If I thought he was crying then, this was nothing. The moment the needle went in his little leg, he was suddenly quiet. It was becuase he was crying so hard that he wasn't breathing. I absolutely hate those desperate cries. I was ok until the third shot. I couldn't take it after that and before I knew it we were crying together. The funny thing is he stopped crying before me. Needless to say he was miserable all day. but slept pretty good all night. The little tyke had such a long day that he slept really good last night. The good thing was he didn't get a fever from the shots:) I just held him ALL day and that made him happy (he wouldn't even let Daddy hold him).

2 comments:

Dina said...

AWWWW....Nichole that is so sad! I'm glad you were able to be there for him though and hold him all day long! and at least he slept pretty good! How are you doing?

Coty said...

oh, that's the worst...but what a GOOD mommy you are ;)