Friday, March 7, 2014

Catching Up

So the last blog I posted was way back in April of last year and I said I would post about Matthew's 5th birthday..... thanks so much for not holding your breath for that post....because you would be dead. Ha, ha, ha. So without further ado here are some pictures of his 5th birthday. He wanted a superhero themed birthday but it was a sad attempt. The best I could do was the super hero cake and even that was a stretch. And the reason you might you ask why it was such a pathetic party? That's because I was newly pregnant, exhausted, and nauseous!


 
Here is my first "baby bump" picture, this was actually taken shortly before Matthew's party and I was only 4 weeks pregnant and already showing that much!
 
And these are our family/gender reveal pictures. Luckily I only gained 31 pounds this pregnancy and is the record for least amount of weight gained during a pregnancy (for me). This pregnancy was by far the best one yet. And a great one to end on. I worked out during the first month, skipped months 2 and 3, and from month 4 until 9 I exercised daily until the end. And, because of that (thank you Carrie Randall by the way for helping through the whole pregnancy and letting me workout at your gym!), I had an extremely easy labor and delivery!  
 (The sign says "We're Tickled Pink!")
 




 So the year went on and my beautiful princess Turned 4 and we had an AMAZING princess party! I guess I felt like I needed to make up for Matthew's party. That, and this was my failed attempt to get my daughter to stop sucking her thumb and pulling out her hair. It worked for a little while then she relapsed when we had the baby. :-(

 (Belle's roses)
white chocolate covered strawberries

 (Cinderella's glass slippers)
Jell-O Jigglers 

 (Snow White's dress made from cupcakes)
 

 Cinderella's carriage
 
 
 
 
Then after Kylie's birthday party, came Halloween and Thanksgiving (sorry no pictures...they were both uneventful anyways, I blame it on the pregnancy). So, here comes Christmas and I am almost 9 months pregnant. So what do I do? Take on a big craft and decide to make stockings from scratch. I started them at the beginning of December and finally finished them on Christmas Eve, Eve. Ha! Either way it was probably the best Christmas we Dill's have ever had. It was definitely a humbling experience and full of love and the spirit of Christ was better appreciated this time around.
 
 
...AND 8 DAYS LATER!!!! Here comes miss AnnMarie Lynn Dill who decided to arrive 2 weeks early and during extremely cold weather. But, she is beautiful and is the best baby. So easy and sleeps great...now (we had our days and nights mixed up for a little while there). She eats like a champ and has the sweetest little spirit. I think her older sister Payton is most smitten by her. Payton never lets her out of her sight and tries to "help" mommy every chance she gets!

 AnnMarie in her blessing gown and bonnet (which I made). I didn't make the flower barrette though, a friend of mine makes them and she is super talented. Check out her shop on Etsy:
So that is our year in a nut shell. Of course a lot more has happened but with a 2 month old in my arms, I hardly have time. I am also doing this with one hand and I still have to make dinner. I will try to do better this year with blogging. Especially with all that will be going on this year, plus I still need to post pics of Paytons second birthday! Well the baby wants to eat so.....:-) 

No comments: